We’re huge snack fans – veggies, fruits, muffins, granola bars, you name it. That’s why it’s so important to me that we find, or make snack-able foods that are healthy and will help get us through our busy days.
Hummus has always been a go-to for us, it’s packed with monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that aid in brain and heart health…not to mention, hummus tastes amazing on just about anything!
We decided to take a run-of-the-mill hummus recipe, and dress it up by adding our signature Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds to the mix. By adding hemp seeds to the recipe, you get the benefits of more than 15 different minerals as well!
- 1 can of chickpeas – about 420 grams
- 2-3 tablespoons of hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 2 tablespoons of water (depending on how smooth you want your hummus, you may need to add more)
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin
- ¼ of paprika
- 1 garlic clove
Put all of the ingredients in a blender/food processor and blend until desired smoothness. Then, simply enjoy!