Pesto can be used as a spread on just about anything - pizzas, chicken, sandwiches - but my favourite use has to be as a pasta sauce.
Not only is hemp pesto super easy to make, it also has tons of nutritional benefits that a classic pesto sauce doesn’t have. Between the hemp seeds, and the oil, this recipe comes jam-packed with healthy goodness.. Also, because hemp seeds taste very similar to pine nuts you aren’t missing out on any of that delicious taste!
Truly delicious, highly nutritious and easy to prepare, this recipe is also a great alternative for those with nut allergies.
- 1/4 cup Mettrum Originals Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds
- 4 cups fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cup Mettrum Originals Cold-Pressed Hemp Oil
- Combine ingredients in blender.
- Toss with noodles, spread on bread, or add it to your favourite Italian recipe!
Chef’s Tip: For a variation, try using sunflower seeds in combination with the raw shelled hemp seeds.