There is something so comforting about a perfectly spiced carrot cake- especially during the holidays and winter months. We swapped out white flour for some great alternatives that offer plenty of protein and fibre, without sacrificing taste.
Try out this moist and delicious cake for yourself- and be sure to tag the results! #mettrumoriginals
High Protein & Fibre Carrot Cake
- 1/4 cup Mettrum Originals Hemp Flour
- 1/4 cup flax flour
- 3/4 cup sunflower flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 3/4 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cup raisins or chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup Mettrum Originals Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds
- In a large bowl beat eggs and sugar until light, then beat in oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix flours and the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Stir in carrots, pineapple, raisins/nuts and hemp seeds.
- Spoon into well-greased Bundt pan, and bake at 350˚F for 50 minutes. Cool before removing from pan.
- Dust with icing sugar or add a cream cheese frosting.