It’s Friday afternoon but the weekend still seems so far away. Kick it up a notch and snack on these chocolate peanut butter hemp seed energy balls.
These delicious bite sized delicacies have been a hot ticket item in the baking world lately and for good reason.
After reading through all the tasty blogs we thought we would take a shot at it for ourselves. We used Mettrum Originals Protein & Fibre Powder (raw hemp with chocolate) and our Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds.
- 1 cup dry oatmeal or rolled oats
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup Mettrum Originals Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds
- 2 (30g) scoops Mettrum Originals Protein & Fibre Powder (raw hemp with chocolate)
- 2 tbsp hemp or almond milk (check out our great hemp milk recipe)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Pulse chocolate chips, oatmeal, hemp seeds and coconut in a food processor until broken down into small pieces. In a large bowl mix Mettrum Originals protein & fibre powder with hemp milk, whisk until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients and mix until it forms a dough.
Cover the dough and let chill for 30 minutes. Once chilled roll out balls approximately 1inch in diameter. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.