Our Commitment To You
In order to provide you with products and services, Mettrum Originals needs to know some of your personal information. You have a right to know how we collect, use and disclose your personal information and to correct that information if it is wrong. You can rest assured that we will, to the best of our ability, ensure that your personal information held by us remains accurate, confidential and secure.
How We Collect And Use Your Personal Information
Mettrum Originals collects information about you through our websites (including mettrumoriginals.com), through our accounts on social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, G+ and Snapchat), and when you provide us directly with information such as when you enter a promotional contest or contact us directly. In addition to collecting Personal Information directly, we may also collect Personal Information from third parties such as marketing partners who have been provided permission to share that information with us.
We collect two types of information from you: information that does not identify you personally (“Non-Personal Information”), and information that does identify you personally (“Personal Information”). Non-Personal Information is described below under the heading “Non-Personal Information”.
Mettrum Originals only collects, uses and discloses Personal Information for purposes that would be considered reasonable in the circumstances and only such Personal Information as is required for the purposes of providing our services. Information is collected on our website when users create user accounts, sign up for our newsletter, contact us through the website’s contact forms, or supply us with information when they purchase products through our website. Personal Information is also collected through users’ interaction with our website (for example, information about which products they looked at or added to their cart while they were logged into their account). You may also disclose information about yourself when you use features on the website such as completing product request forms or surveys, when you enter a promotional contest on the website, or when you rate products or provide customer review information on our website. We use only fair and lawful methods to collect Personal Information.
Mettrum Originals only uses your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To process any orders you place with us;
- To offer products and services to you and to better understand your need for our products and services;
- To process payments for our products and services;
- To provide you with our newsletter or product updates, if you have asked to receive these communications;
- To reply to inquiries that you have made;
- To administer promotional contests;
- To share your feedback about our products when you provide a customer review or rating;
- To meet our legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Other purposes consistent with these purposes.
We do not otherwise sell, trade, barter, exchange or disclose for consideration any Personal Information we obtain.
Because we value your trust, we will only ask for Personal Information that we need and, when we ask you for additional Personal Information, we will let you know why we need it.
When And To Whom We May Disclose Your Personal Information
Mettrum Originals is accountable for all Personal Information in its control. This includes information under the direct control of Mettrum Originals, as well as Personal Information that Mettrum Originals may transfer to its affiliates or to third party service providers for servicing, processing, storage or other purposes that facilitate our business operations. Where Mettrum Originals discloses Personal Information to organizations that perform services on our behalf, we will require those service providers to use such Personal Information solely for the purposes of providing services to Mettrum Originals or the person concerned and to maintain a level of privacy protection comparable to our own practices. As described below, we use Shopify and PayPal to process any orders that you may place through the website and other third parties to help us administer the website and offer you products and services.
Mettrum Originals may disclose your Personal Information to:
- Individuals or organizations who are our service providers such as e‑commerce platform providers, payment processing service providers, software services companies and shipping companies. More information about our e-commerce platform (Shopify), our payment provider (PayPal), and our fulfilment and analytics partners (Zotabox, Beeketing and Soundest) is included under the heading “Online Shopping Information”, below.
- Corporate affiliates of Mettrum Originals or other individuals or organizations who are involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading our computer systems such as data storage and destruction facilities and outsourced technology support service providers;
Please note that there are circumstances where Mettrum Originals is permitted or obliged, under applicable privacy legislation, to disclose Personal Information without consent. Such circumstances include:
- Where required by law or by order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or governmental tribunal;
- Where Mettrum Originals reasonably believes that it is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an identifiable person or group;
- Where it is necessary to establish or collect monies owing to Mettrum Originals; or
- Where it is necessary to permit Mettrum Originals to pursue legal remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain.
This policy was last revised on: July 18, 2016.
The Accuracy Of Your Personal Information
While Mettrum Originals tries to ensure that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, Mettrum Originals does not routinely update your Personal Information, unless required. Therefore, it is your responsibility to inform Mettrum Originals promptly of any changes in your Personal Information. Mettrum Originals will, from time to time, verify the Personal Information that you provide as part of its routine process of customer service.
If you believe that Personal Information in your records may be inaccurate, we make it easy for you to access, verify and update it. If incorrect Personal Information has been provided to third parties, we will convey the corrected information to them, if necessary.
If we do not agree to change your Personal Information, you may challenge our decision. We will make a record of this challenge, and if necessary, disclose the challenge to third parties who also possess the Personal Information.
Retention Of Your Personal Information
We keep your Personal Information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected. The length of time Mettrum Originals retains your Personal Information varies, depending on the purpose for which it was collected and the nature of the information. This period will be only for so long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise at a later date. We retain Personal Information received from third parties in accordance with our legal and contractual obligations. When your Personal Information is no longer required for our purposes, procedures are in place to destroy, delete, erase or convert it into an anonymous form.
Access To Your Personal Information
Mettrum Originals allows you to access and review your Personal Information held by us. We will respond to a request for access within a reasonable time and generally no later than 30 days following the request.
You can view your account information and order history through your online account, if applicable. To review other Personal Information that Mettrum Originals has about you, simply make a written request to the Privacy Officer. The Personal Information will be obtained from your records at Mettrum Originals and will normally be provided within 30 days of your request. There may be a charge for retrieving a complete list of Personal Information, in which case you will be notified in advance and you may, at that time, withdraw your request.
If you have a sensory disability, on request, we will give you access to your Personal Information in an alternative format if available. If it is necessary and if we can reasonably do so, we will convert the Personal Information into an alternative format.
Sometimes, Mettrum Originals will not be able to provide you with your Personal Information that is within its control. For example, Mettrum Originals will not provide you with Personal Information in its control if:
- It may harm or interfere with law enforcement activities and other investigative or regulatory functions of a body authorized by law to perform such functions;
- It would disclose personal information, including opinions, about another individual or about a deceased individual;
- It would disclose trade secrets or other business confidential or proprietary information of Mettrum Originals;
- It would interfere with contractual or other negotiations of Mettrum Originals or a third party;
- It is not readily retrievable and the burden or cost of providing would be disproportionate to the nature or value of the information;
- It does not exist, is not held, or cannot be found by Mettrum Originals; or
- It is subject to solicitor-client, litigation or other legal privilege.
If Mettrum Originals denies your request for access to Personal Information, you will be told why, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so. You may challenge that decision.
Once you have the Personal Information, all you have to do is check it for accuracy and let us know if there are any corrections required. If appropriate supporting documentation is provided, we will correct our records or make note of any differences. If Personal Information has been provided to third parties, we will convey the corrected information or note any differences to them, if necessary.
The Security Of Your Personal Information
Mettrum Originals, our staff and our partners are committed to protecting the security of the Personal Information you choose to share with us.
Ultimately, while Mettrum Originals's senior management is responsible for protecting the Personal Information in its control, day-to-day responsibility is delegated to others within the company. Every Mettrum Originals employee, as a condition of employment, takes responsibility for protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of Personal Information. This obligation remains in effect even after an employee leaves Mettrum Originals. Suppliers of services to Mettrum Originals, such as e-commerce and credential verification firms, are required to sign contracts obligating them to protect the privacy and confidentiality of Personal Information provided to them to enable them to perform their functions.
- Physical access to those areas where Personal Information is gathered, processed or stored is restricted to authorized employees.
- Appropriate controls are in place over computer systems and data processing procedures and these controls are reviewed on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with our security and privacy policies.
- Mettrum Originals destroys or erases any Personal Information when it is no longer needed.
- When Personal Information is destroyed or erased, Mettrum Originals takes care that there is no unauthorized access.
Non-Personal Information is information that cannot identify you personally, such as, browser information and program data that records the website page choices you have made. Other information such as demographic information which does not identify an individual is also considered Non-Personal Information.
Online Shopping Information
Our online store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. When you order a product through our website, Shopify collects your name, email, shipping and billing address, payment details, company name, phone number, IP address and device data. They use this information to provide us with their e-Commerce platform, including supporting and processing orders, authentication, and processing payments. This information is also used by Shopify to improve their services. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. For more information about Shopify’s privacy practices, you may also want to read Shopify’s Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc.).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits.
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
Our website may also use Zotabox (http://info.zotabox.com/privacy-policy/), which is a third party application used to help fulfill sampling requests that you make through the website.
We may also use the third party applications Beeketing (https://beeketing.com/privacy-policy) and Soundest (https://www.soundest.com/privacy) to help provide an analysis of our clients are using our website and to help understand the types of information and products that you may be interested in.